:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Computer won't boo…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Conrad Newton
A: dynebolic
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] Computer won't boot after using dyne
>From Ricardo on Wednesday, 2006-10-11 at 12:07:07 -0300:
>     Hi all,

>     I'm having a really strange problem here. After using dyne:bolic,
>     my computer can't boot, it hangs just before testing the memory
>     and checking for the IDE drives (without error messages). I found
>     out that unpluging the power cable for a while solves the problem,
>     but I always need to do that if I want to enjoy dyne. I already
>     tested both dyne 2.1 and 2.2 versions, installed the system and
>     nested /home and keep having the problem. I have for now only
>     debian installed, but I've been using many other distros
>     (including LiveCDs)  and that just happens with dyne. Does anybody
>     have any idea what's going on? Some info about my PC:

This problem is not unique to dynebolic. Some versions
of Knoppix have had the same problem.

-------------------------------------
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Using_FAQ

Q: After using KNOPPIX, my Dell computer does not start!

A: This is an issue with the Dell BIOS. Simply pull out the power cord
from your computer for a few seconds, and your computer should start
again. You can also try passing "apm=off" or "apm=real-mode-poweroff"
to the kernel during startup. apm=real-mode-poweroff is better because
it keeps other apm-features (advanced power managment) turned on.
-------------------------------------

>    Pentium IV 3.2 GHz
>    1 Gh Memory
>    2 SATA HDs
>    Asus Motherboard P5GD2

>     Apparently it isn't such a big problem, but and if it happens
>     while I'm showing this great distro to someone on another PC?
>     After saying: "Don't worry, your system will be intact, it's just
>     a LiveCD"? :-)

We can count ourselves fortunate that the problem is
so easy to solve! The first time I heard about this,
I had a shock ... and yes, it makes it harder to get
people to try the CD.

Conrad