:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.1 nest caus…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: andrea bertolasi
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne 2.1 nest causes X loading problem
On 18 Oct 2006 22:51:03 -0000, flavius.38977219@??? >
> How would I recover the user settings and files from
> the 2.1 nest into a new nest that doesn't cause this problem?

start the 2.2 dyne without the 2.1 nest
than create a "clear" nest for the 2.2
mount the 2.1 nest in a loop device (*)
copy everythink you need from the 2.1 nest to the 2.2 nest.
I've done this way for my files and my Gaim stuff.

(*) if you do not know how to mount the previus nest it's a easy task.
from the prompt shell / xterm create a mount point:
mkdir /mnt/temp
than mount the previus nest on that mountpoint
mount /mnt/hd1/1/dyne/dyne.nst /mnt/temp -o loop
now search into /mnt/temp !!!!!

of course /mnt/hd1/1/dyne/dyne.nst dependes on where the 2.1 nest is now!

andrea