:: Re: [dyne:bolic] error with the men…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Asunto: Re: [dyne:bolic] error with the menu creating a dyne module

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 10:12:08AM +0000, andrea bertolasi wrote:
> I have put inside the dyne/sdk/modules/leafpad/etc/ directory the file
> called applist
> with this text

> Begin | TEXT
>
> Leafpad | notepad like editor | leafpad | |
> http://tarot.freeshell.org/leafpad/ | tarot
>
> End | TEXT

> but when I reboot, entering the xwindow there is an error message
> saying that it cannot load the menu and I have a menu only for the
> shell with no other apps.
>
> what is wrong?

i think the problem is that you omitted the leading pipes | | |
you have to count them carefully from the example and include them all,
even if void.

please take always care to include the name of the author of
Leafpad and the url to his website in the applist file

later on there will be a script to get this information out of the
modules and generate lists of authors and URLs to publish on the web and
in the CD for complete credits to all artisans involved :)

another request of course not specifically to you but anyone involving
in this module carnival: please avoid the common mistake to name only
the packager. the APPLIST file should include information about the
author for every menu entry. for information about the packager should
be used the VERSION file instead.

thanks :)

ciao

- --