:: Re: [dyne:bolic] How to put it on U…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: mike clemow
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] How to put it on USB Stick ? [signed]
Hey there,

I think you lack a bootloader. Deepak's dyne/grub howto might help
(I've copied his email here). You will have to substitute some of the
device paths as you're using a usb stick and his howto described how
to install dyne as the only OS on a machine.

Jaromil says that as of the next release, there will be a way to
automate this task.

For now, here:

---
the simplest way to acheive this is to copy the "dyne" and "isolinux"
folder from the cd to the harddisk. make sure you copy "dyne" folder
into the root of hda1 [in your case, your usb stick. -mc]

[now] install grub by issuing -
grub-install /dev/hda --root-directory=/mnt/hda1 [here substitute the
device paths to your thumbdrive]

edit the file - /mnt/hda1/boot/grub/menu.lst

add these lines -
root (hd0,0)            # [you'll have to change this - see grub man page]
kernel /isolinux/linux [X] (explained below)
initrd /isolinux/initrd.gz

[X]
in place of the X in the kernel line you have to pass the kernel some options -
you can find the exact options in the file isolinux.cfg, look for the
linux "append ramdisk.. " and so on , in the file isolinux.cfg this is
written in the line containing initrd.gz, but in menu.lst you must
write these options in the kernel line, which is more logical since
these options are actually passed to the kernel .
dont forget to remove the word "append" when adding them to menu.lst

xask
---

That might work. Corrections anyone?

good luck!