:: Re: [dyne:bolic] archive
Góra strony
Autor: Thibault Le Meur
Dla: CachuReos, dynebolic mailinglist
Temat: Re: [dyne:bolic] archive
> wrong, .iso is not burnable with WinRar

That's right, WinRar is not a software used to burn images, but that's
not waht did Jean-Jacques Champion. He was just "extracting" the iso
file before bruning the content.

> the extension .iso is correct, the association with Rar is wrong.

I'm sorry but this is wrong. I've got PowerArchiver and it is able to
reads inside an ISO file. the only issue here, is that Jean-Jacques
thought it was a WinRAR archive and tried to "uncompress" it.

In fact we were wrong in saying he had to uncompress the archive first,
because it was not an archive but the iso file. That's why I asked him
to check the extension of the file.

> open WinRar, goto options->settings->integration and uncheck the ISO box.

Only if he doesn't want to read the content of an ISO file.

> now use something like Burn4Free (get at http://www.burn4free.com ) to create
> the CD.

Or simply do not use WinRAR on ISO file before trying to burn it with
any windows CD burning software.

Thibault