:: Re: [dyne:bolic] installation does …
Kezdőlap
Szerző: sean
Dátum:
Címzett: dynebolic mailinglist
Tárgy: Re: [dyne:bolic] installation does NOT work
You have to be careful not to confuse the ubuntu grub.conf and the dyne
grub.conf. Dyne keeps it in the the dyne folder, while ubuntu keeps it
at /boot/grub/grub.conf. (The dyne version isn't processed at all, it is
only there for reference.)

I should also mention this refers to a single partition system (no
dedicated boot partition).

Take the dynebolic info from the dyne grub.conf -- the portion you need
should be marked "cut between these lines" in the file. Take that piece
and add it to the ubuntu grub.conf. Make sure you add the entry before
the first Ubuntu entry; so it is first. The first entry is automatically
booted.

menu.1st looks identical to grub.conf... and in fact, many systems use
one file for both and create an extra sym link to "fool" the loader. I
can't say for certain which file takes precedence... I've seen
situations where either seem to be the "primary". I recommend making
sure both are identical. If all you have is menu.1st, change that one.

-sean
cf