:: Re: [dyne:bolic] grub and docking a…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Kristofer Dale
Dátum:
Címzett: dynebolic mailinglist
Tárgy: Re: [dyne:bolic] grub and docking and madness

On Sat, 12 Aug 2006, sean wrote:

:I did ever worked. All I can suggest is that if it will 1) boot ok into
:SUSE and it will 2) boot ok into Dynebolic on the hard drive (with the
:cdrom in), then there must be some way to co-opt the SUSE grub to load
:dynebolic. Does it appear on the bootloader menu at all when you boot SUSE?

Yes, dynebolic appears to boot normally from disk, but right before the GUI
comes up, I get an error message from Xwindows. I'm savvy enough to have
made the adaptations to the grub menu.1st script so the pathways are
correct, but something is being assumed in the dynebolic GUI implementation
that breaks when booting from the dedicated reiserfs formatted drive that I
setup using YAST when installing SUSE. Since lumumba is more functional
than my SUSE installation, I will keep booting from CD until the distros
are more robust and I have newer hardware. As the saying goes, "Onward
through the fog..."

;^]