:: [dyne:bolic] grub and docking and m…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: sean
Betreff: [dyne:bolic] grub and docking and madness
First of all, I gotta say all of you have been a great help... and I
love Dyne2!

Okay, this is the last item on my to-do list and I've ran out of ideas.
(The good news, is I only had two problems) I have Dyne2.1 docked on
/mnt/hd1/1. I have a nest on hd1/2. Everything boots fine with the disk,
but I've been trying to create a full install. I've tried virtually
every option, and even re-formatted the system twice to make a clean
start. I found this note in the grub.conf that came with Dyne2.1:

# install on the first partition of your harddisk, run:
# grub-install --root-directory=/mnt/hd1/1 /dev/hda1
# then copy this file to /mnt/hd1/1/boot/grub/grub.conf
# edit it for your needs and run grub giving the command
# root (hd0,0)
# setup (hd0)

I did exactly that. The install works fine... all positive output. The
entries I'm using for the grub.conf itself are fine... and I believe I
can establish that because when I invariably get the grub> prompt I can
enter each of my config lines by hand and the system will boot fine.
Also strange; from the grub> prompt I can enter this command:

configfile (hd0,0)/boot/grub/grub.conf

which brings up a menu, with dynebolic as the only option... which I can
then select, and the boot proceeds normally.

Any ideas?

-sean