:: Re: [dyne:bolic] A Dyne::Bolic VoIP…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Adam Bogacki
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] A Dyne::Bolic VoIP ?
On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:20:21AM +0200 or thereabouts, jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2006 at 11:46:57AM +1200, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> > Jaromil,
> >
> >     any chance of a high-quality open-source VoIP client
> > which does not lock the user into an inflexible pricing structure
> > - such as Ekiga 2.0.2 < http://www.ekiga.org/index.php?rub=5 > -
> > in the next Dynebolic release ?

> sure! Jeff (BLAG developer) just wrote me about
> http://www.blagblagblag.org/BLASTERISK/
>
> no doubts that will be integrated in the next release ;)
> but the software won't be Ekiga, due to its dependencies from Gnome.
>
> ciao
>
> - --
> jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://rastasoft.org

Hmm .. interesting that you say that. I've been following the
gnomemeeting mailing list where Damien Sandras (creator of
Ekiga) has been canvassing the idea of a gtk based version. With a usable
alpha port already on WinXP, they have effectively already
got two versions and it seems development will proceed down that
path. Damien was last heard of driving through Albania, staying in touch
through internet cafe's.

I'll have to have a look at 'Blast*'.

Adam.