:: Re: [dyne:bolic] [dyne] Video ON Li…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: jaromil
Betreff: Re: [dyne:bolic] [dyne] Video ON Line mixer+ internet tv schedule
On Sat, Jul 22, 2006 at 09:41:36PM +0400, ~~~ $$$ Alex The Glamourous $$$$ ~~~~~ wrote:
> RU planning to write some kind of  "video mixer" software  , which could be
> used for   independent Internet TV studios in the case of  high price of
> hardware stuff?   I think it's no so hard to make one something like
> DV-Mixer PRO  (http://www.vanillaon.com <http://www.vanillaon.com/>  )   or
> Channel Storm for MAC    (http://www.channelstorm.com/ ) but with  schedule
> features and mixing ON - LINE streams?  I think this software would have
> citizen journalism , and will bring independent internet TV up ??

Yes, i think it is a very good idea to have something like this. It was
discussed during a meeting in Rome some months ago
http://transmission.cc

> How do you think?

during that meeting i met Bakunin, P0g and Asterix from the Soma project
and the Insu^TV a pirate street TV in Napoli.

They have meed a ot of progress already with Soma
http://www.somasuite.org which provides scheduling and multi-user
management of programs. But mixing is still missing, so i proposed to
look for ways to integrate FreeJ http://freej.dyne.org being controlled
by Soma to play and mix videos and text and such things that are much
useful for TV.

I think that such a task wouldn't need a lot of coding. unfortunately
none of us has funding for that so it might take longer time before we
see it working. i look forward to find some time for it.

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://rastasoft.org