:: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.1 cod…
Góra strony
Autor: jaromil
Dla: dynebolic mailinglist
Temat: Re: [dyne:bolic] dyne:bolic 2.1 codename DHORUBA

hi Carsten,

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 08:43:12AM +0000, Carsten Agger wrote:
> Sorry to say, the ISO that's online right now doesn't seem to work;
> The X server doesn't start, instead I get a terminal login prompt, and
> when I enter 'root' and 'luther', or 'luther' and 'luther', nothing
> happens and I have to shut down my computer.
>
> I tried this on an Acer Aspire 3630 and on my old IBM Aptiva, and the
> same thing happened in both cases.
>
> I'm writing this on the Aspire in the old dyne:bolic, so apparently
> it's not the computer ...
>
> so I believe something probably needs some kind of fixing.

i tested the 2.1 iso and it works as it should.

i suspect your problem is due to the fact you have dyne:bolic 1 docked
and nested on your system. you can try to rename your /dyne directory to
something different, like /dyne-1 for instance, to let the version 2 run
smooth. also check carefully that your CD is burned properly.

also if you boot from CD you should be prompted if you want an upgrade.

in future there will be much better handling for upgrading of dock and
nest, installation and update from local and remote network and such.
at this point it is fairly easy to write such scripts with shell and
gtkdialog, or using Gambas (devel.dyne module).

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://rastasoft.org