:: Re: [dyne:bolic] net configuration …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] net configuration Q
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 08:59:18AM -0600, Kristofer Dale wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, perke wrote:
>
> :not sure what could cause this, i remember once i had same issues on
> :debian....deleted interfaces in /etc/network then touch eth0 and then
> :dhclient eth0 did the job....sure it could be done through GUI. Have you
> :checked cables or some other distro to make sure connection is OK?
>
> Yes, Lumumba works fine with three computers active on the DSL gateway,
> running either SUSE9.1, Lumumba, or Win ME, in various combinations. For
> some reason, Dhoruba can't access the DSL gateway, but I am willing to
> replace SUSE with Dhoruba, since I already have a bootloader for SUSE
> anyway. Once I get Dhoruba debugged, I can easily make boot CD's for my
> other machines, correct? I'm checking into firmware upgrades and settings
> on the gateway to see if that's a factor, thanks for the input...

mmm. this is a strange problem and is maybe related to dhcp clients.

d:b ver.1 used 'pump' while ver.2 now uses 'dhcpcd'

maybe that is the problem, then you can try install pump or dhclient on
ver.2 "Dhoruba"

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://rastasoft.org