:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic with Zyn…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: jaromil
A: dynebolic mailinglist
Assumpte: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic with ZynAddSubFX

hello ppl,

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 01:01:40PM -0500, Josh Lawrence wrote:
> Wow, that is simple.

maybe i need some better wording on the website/manual to make it clear
how the nest works? it is simple, but i'm still not the best in keeping
the documentation simple too :)

> I tried to use the SDK last night to compile madwifi drivers for
> dyne:II, and I failed. It's good to know that the nest option works.
> I'll give that a try tonight.

dyne 2.0 already includes pre-compiled madwifi drivers, have you tried
to use those? you can skip the compilation part and go using them right
away. otherwise i suggest you first read some documentation about kernel
compiling and patching. since linux 2.6 this is easier than ever, but
still it's some higher-level techno-shamanism which requires patience.

> One question about the nest - once you create it, if you make further
> changes to your system, do you have to "resave" the nest?

nope: once you have a nest and you are using it all changes you make go
into the nest in real time, you don't need to nest anymore.

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://rastasoft.org