:: [dyne:bolic] Dyne II early test : m…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: oDDskOOL
Neue Treads: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dyne II early test
Betreff: [dyne:bolic] Dyne II early test : many pbs, but great experience
Hi everybody,
Hi Jaromil,

I tested the new Dine II yesterday evening (can't wait!) on a Athlon
based computer and ran into several problems:

* first, my sata hd is not recognized. searching thru mailing list I
discovered the message of Benjamin :

http://lists.dyne.org/dynebolic/msg02804.php

having a similar problem. Does anyone has an idea about that?

the box is an Athlon XP2400+ w/ 500Mo RAM, and an Abit NF7-S
motherboard. I usually run Fedora core 4 on it w\ problems. May it be
motherboard / SATA chipset related?

when i try to "install" (nest?) by cpying the dyne folder to the SATA hd
and updating my grub, I see dynebolic starting (so "it" sees my SATA hd,
or what?), loading the kernel (i suppose) and failing after that with a
message like "there is no dyne install on this box's drives".

Any ideas & help on that greatly appreciated!

* second, running as a livecd w\ docking anything, the fonts & images on
screen seem pixelized. isn't there some kind of technique to smooth
them? i can recall having such a parameter in winblows or fedora. (i use
an lcd screen)

* third, running as a livecd, MiXXX stucks the machine when I change and
try to save preferences. I'm not shure about that one, maybe it's
hardware related, as my CDROM drive is not so young.

* last, despite these problems, I feel Dyne II has a good feeling, and
the artwork on the default windowmaker desk is a part of it :)

Have a nice day ye all,

oDDsKooL

--
(cpylft) oDDsKooL Assembly Line