:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dyne2 vs Dyne1
Góra strony
Autor: jaromil
Dla: dynebolic mailinglist
Temat: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dyne2 vs Dyne1
On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 07:39:49PM -0700, ramkumar.m.v wrote:
> In Dyne1,on the desktop i could see my 2 cpu's & their processing
> (graph), the disk and so on. I don't see such a thing on Dyne2.Did it
> recognize the 2 processors that i've on my laptop?

sure. you can tell that when you see TWO penguins at boot, on top-left
of the screen.

> How can i enable the option of displaying my cpu
> process as it was doing in Dyne1?

you can start the "gkrellm" application, which is the CPU monitor.
It is not started by default right now, but probably it should...

> What version of the linux kernel does Dyne2 run on?

see http://dev.dynebolic.org/trac.cgi/wiki/SourcePackages for up to date
information about software versions.

> Also can we install debian packages or RPM's on our own?

yes, dyne:II includes rpm, dpkg (deb), installpkg (tgz), 0install and
autopackage, all working for installing third-party distributed
binaries.

> Will it also have the latest alsa sound drivers?

the kernel employed is very recent and includes as well recent
alsa-drivers.

ciao

- --
jaromil, dyne.org rasta coder, http://afrolinux.org