:: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- vers…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] simple-netaid-gtk -- versions? dhcp? unbound?
Hi,

On 30/4/24 13:45, aitor wrote:

> Hi,
> On 30/4/24 2:12, aitor wrote:
>> $ ubus call ering.netaid ifup '{ "ifname": "eth0"}'
>>
>> The variable "tty" is optional. I use it to redirect the output to the vte terminal of the GUI.
> Sorry, I rectify!
>
> The variable is required, but I'm fixing this right now and making it optional via:
>

> if (tb[IFUP_TTY] == NULL) {
>
>      /* DON'T REDIRECT */
>      (....)
> }
> else {

>      /* REDIRECT */
>      int tty = blobmsg_get_u32 (tb[IFUP_TTY]);
>      (....)
> }

> in the policy.c of snetaid.
>
> I'll update the snetaid packaging shortly.

Today I'm going to update also the GUI [*] because it freezes during connection attempts despite of being an asynchronous process.
This is due to the several linux signals that are being received from the netlink monitor during the ubus call. In order to keep the GUI
responsive while all this is going on, I need to mask SIGUSR signals and stop the periodic reminder before the connection attempt,
and restore them afterwards in the callback function passed to  Glib::spawn_async_with_pipes ( )

Cheers,

Aitor.

[*] hence, the outputs in the vte terminals as well