:: [devuan-dev] bug#848: marked as don…
Author: Devuan bug Tracking System
To: Mark Hindley
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#848: marked as done (Pd: Problems starting kea-dhcp4-server)
Your message dated Sat, 27 Apr 2024 16:06:23 +0100
with message-id <Zi0UbxBgyTM-nr7b@???>
and subject line Fixed in Debian #1055438
has caused the Devuan bug report #848,
regarding Pd: Problems starting kea-dhcp4-server
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@???
immediately.)

--
848: https://bugs.devuan.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=848
Devuan Bug Tracking System

2. There was also a problem with apparmor - I had to change the file /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.kea-dhcp4 adding:
  /var/log/kea/** rwk,
  /run/kea/logger_lockfile wrk,
  /run/kea/kea4-ctrl-socket wrk,
  /run/kea/kea4-ctrl-socket.lock wrk,
and commenting out:
   owner /run/lock/kea/logger_lockfile rwk,
   owner /var/run/kea/logger_lockfile rwk,
Maybe You will be able to achieve the goal in a better way, but it works for me!

3. There was also a problem with start/stop script: /etc/init.d/kea-dhcp4-server
originally it could start the daemon but was unable to stop it.
After replacing:
           --name $NAME
with:
          --exec $DAEMON
in two locations, it stops it (although sometimes with long delay).

After all this changes the daemon seems to be working - dhclient from other machine is able to get IP assignment.
I hope this information will help managing the package.

With Best Regards,
    Jerzy Sobczyk

Version: 2.4.1-3