:: Re: [DNG] Linux Campfire Tales at G…
Author: Brad Campbell
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Linux Campfire Tales at GoLUG, 4/3/2024
On 3/4/24 14:21, onefang wrote:
> On 2024-04-03 13:20:00, Brad Campbell via Dng wrote:
>> On 3/4/24 10:37, Steve Litt wrote:
>>
>>> When: Wednesday 4/3/2024 at 7PM Eastern Daylight Time
>>
>> I'm assuming that's UTC-04:00 rather than UTC+11:00. Both come up when I google search "Eastern Daylight Time".
>
> Lots of countries have an East, and lots also have daylight saving time.

True, but the only two that came up in a quick search were those listed. I wish we had daylight saving time, but our population are stupid enough to believe that the extra hour of daylight fades the curtains and gives the kids skin cancer. Oh, also the chooks don't lay.

> The date is also ambigous.

Indeed, however as the 4th of March 2024 is before the date stamp on the E-mail I figured it safe to assume is was M/D/Y rather than the other.

> Though a rule of thumb is that if they don't specify, it's probably USA.

This is true.

Anyway, a quick digression from my daily grind. Thanks!

Regards,
Brad