:: [Frei0r] Endian independence (uint_…
Author: Marko Cebokli
To: Minimalistic plugin API for video effects
Subject: [Frei0r] Endian independence (uint_8 vs uint_32 pointers)
Hello,

although the specification suggests using byte pointers for endian
independence, the "Tutorial" plugin has examples of working with both 32 and 8
bit pointers, and the comments even say that working with 32bit pointers is
faster.

That has seduced me to use 32 bit pointers and byte masking in my plugins - so
I will have now a lot of work to make them endian independent!

So I suggest removing the 32 bit pointer code from the "Tutorial" plugin, to
avoid misleading future authors.

Would this be OK?

Marko Cebokli