:: Re: [Bricolabs] Mr Paw and the Powe…
Author: Jaromil
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] Mr Paw and the Power that Be (was: well, something like the power that be ... ; -)
On Sun, 08 Apr 2012, Patrice Riemens wrote:

> Hee Bricos!
>
> KALO PASXA!!! (HAPPY PESACH TOO!)

PACE!

> I followed the 'dizkuzion' initiated by Mr paw with great interest. the
> more so since I am reading Geert Brico-Lovink ;-) latest book "Networkd
> without a Cause" (*) - which I can highly recommand - Geert, is there a

yea, the title is promising

> downloadable Pdf - or are we sailing the stormy blue seas of IP here?),

I don't mind paying for a book (actually, just spent hundreds of euros
on the last batch of my study bibliography...) yet I think is nice if
brico people that can't reach the book or the money can get hold of a
link. in any case, careful with the use of the IP word :^)

> (1) I found that Mr Paw's post raised most interesting, seldom
> discussed issues, inviting us for some - also seldom practised -
> self-reflection. Among (many) other things about the hegemony of
> the 'Lingua Quartii Imperii' ("The Language of the Fourth Reich"),
> aka English, whether King's- or not.

Well it was somehow sneaking into the discussion and I've nailed it,
but it wasn't really the issue provoking the debate.

> (2) Jaromil's words about the ruckus I found most wise and balanced,
> befitting the 'owner' of this list.

the @dyne.org mail doesn't means any ownership. Sub-root can be a
better term. I know I'm fighting perceptions here, however thanks for
the benefice of the quotes :^)

> Save the last sentence (elevated now to a notable statement status
> ;-) about 'keeping your shit together'. made me think of the "Law of
> the Transvaal" (***)

that sounds more like "Als je je kont verbrand dan moet je op de
blaren zitten." (If you burn your butt, then you have to sit on the
blisters.) which in any case is a statement of "cause-consequence".
Mine was more intended as a friendly exortation, however Mr.Paw got
well grinded through this, I hope he still likes to stay around and
appreciate this space for the challenging criticism bubbling up.
Quite unique on Internet (clearnet) nowadays, where everyone is
consumed in hiding disapproval, like in the Facebook world, where
either you "like it" or you shut up.

ciao!

--
jaromil, dyne.org developer, http://jaromil.dyne.org
GPG: B2D9 9376 BFB2 60B7 601F 5B62 F6D3 FBD9 C2B6 8E39