:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default …
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default WM
Jaromil,

>I'll make sure all window managers for which
>configurations are shared will be pre-installed
>in the next release, due in December...

this is a great news.

Suggestion:
Use SLIM or GDM for letting the user select the desktop environment at bootup.

As for the "standard" desktop I am still unsure if Gnome 2.0 is a smart move.
Gnome 2 is pretty much a dead end in regard to development. I found
XFCE a valuable replacement for Gnome and switched all my PCs over to
XFCE as desktop environment. I would rather not invest any work in
Gnome 2 anymore.

Best regards,
Holger