:: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default …
Author: Holger Beetz
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] Dynebolic default WM
Being a long-time Gnome2 user myself I am somewhat separated about the
choice of this VM for dyne3.

Gnome2 is still used by Debian Stable and Ubuntu 10.04 but is it
really a good choice for the future ?
With all this Unity / Gnome 3 mess lately I switched away to XFCE /
Xubuntu. XFCE shares identical gtk dependencies but this also means
you can run a lot of Gnome2 tools without issues under XFCE.

For me Gnome2 is a dead-end and I rather like to see XFCE.

If dyne:bolic is Debian-based it might be a worthwhile idea to let the
end user choose between different desktop environments (e.g LXDE,
XFCE, GNOME2, Enlightment).

As default windows manager (in Live CD mode) I'd rather choose one
which can be considered future safe rather than a legacy one.

Just my two cents,
Holger