:: Re: [dyne:bolic] More about multime…
Author: a5'
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] More about multimedia controls
> Hi to everyone
> There seems to be a lack of discussions in the mailing list, facing the
> recent presentation of the new dyne:bolic it is strange, I guess everyone
> is testing the version.
>    Some time ago I mentioned a problem with multimedia controls for the
> dell inspiron 8200 laptop, in fact the only problem (in almost all the
> cases, for some player the all the controls just don't work) is the
> volume,

I found this; I think this is the right track for your problem.

http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=i8kutils

in regards to the rest of your post about free software and hardware,
since I'm posting anyway, I think the stuff is great. Particularly
dynebolic and like OS's/software that is used for expression - because it
seems that often the market dictates what people express... even the
sounds, the loops, the effects/ they all go down into the 'feel'

- deep -

I think its comforting to find that people set this and others free to
interpret.

-a5'