:: Re: [dyne:bolic] conflict of goals
Author: Jaromil
Subject: Re: [dyne:bolic] conflict of goals
On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Lukasz Jastrzebski wrote:

> But I'm still wondering what the devs would say ;)

in my experience, when hardware gets older, more time has passed so
that people could get busy writing a free driver for it.

so i think that having support for old hardware and at the same time
using an 100% free kernel (and OS) is a complementary choice, not a
contradiction, since there are more possibility to have libre drivers
for hardware that has been around longer.

however, thanks all for your thoughts on the thread!

those who don't care much about the long term freedom and corporate
traps in the software they use can still benefit from the presence of
a vast majority of distributions. for instance, AFAIK pure:dyne keeps
including proprietary drivers. we won't.

ciao!