:: [DNG] Prototype Calamares Image
Author: john faulk
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Prototype Calamares Image
Morning Fellas,

After pulling pieces from PeppermintOS's implementation and generating more
prototype images than I'm willing to admit, I finally have my own Devuan 4
XFCE image (i386, so I can test it on all of my machines) that uses
Calamares, and it works quite well! Did a lot of reverse-engineering from
Debian's side of things as well, to get certain bits working. My ultimate
goal is to lay the foundation for better live images for Devuan. Here's
what I've modded so far:
live-config
calamares-settings-debian

Currently the package is installed as "calamares-settings-devuan", which I
hope will eventually be devuan's fork of calamares-settings-debian.

Currently the only glaring issue I have is getting the icon to show up on
desktop for the Live Image. Other than that, the package is fully
functional (if a tad jerry-rigged in a spot),
and works quite well. The installer also includes artwork of my own making,
as an added touch.

If anyone's interested in playing with it or having the stuff I'm working
with, by all means let me know. If anyone can help me solve the desktop
issue, that'd be nice, too.

-John