:: [DNG] Help with xmodmap+xcape
Author: Antonio Trkdz.tab
To: [DNG]
New-Topics: [DNG] No mail attachments get to Devuan ML web (and worse) WAS: Help with xmodmap+xcape
Subject: [DNG] Help with xmodmap+xcape
Hi All,

I decided to live dangerously (with backups) and I recently upgraded my
laptop install from Jessie to Ascii.
It was a full fledged installation (X and all the bells and whistles...)
and so far so good except for a couple of little things.

Slim got hit as apt-getting it throws:

slim : Depends: libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.13-4) but it is not installable

really minor and I didn't really investigate a lot on this, but if some of
you has already faced it any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Instead there is something more serious (to me)....
I use a mixed XFCE environment with i3 as window manager and I was using
xmodmap and xcape to modify some key bindings, in particular I map the
spacebar to Hyper_L on press and xcape-ing it to space again on release, as
per my .xmodmaprc (attached) and calling it in .profile (attached)

when xfce/i3 loads the key binding is not loading on startup no matter what
I do.
xmodmap is complainig when in terminal emulator I run:

$ . .profile
xmodmap: commandline:1: bad add modifier name 'hyper_l', not allowed
xmodmap: 1 error encountered, aborting.

The strange thing is that CTRL-CAPS (also in xmodmaprc) swap is recognised
initially and reverted on when I source .profile.
Also the other mapping (keycode 94 = Control_R) seems to never work.

Do you have any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Antonio