:: Re: [Bricolabs] YouTube instant ce…
Author: Patrice Riemens
To: Bricolabs
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] YouTube instant celebrities (was: 'Ernährungsnotfallvorsorge')
On 2016-10-19 11:39, atteqa@??? wrote:
> Smiling as I read these notes, what I've noticed here in the so called
> third world (not) that everything has ceased to be what it used to,
> art is not what art used to be, nor is freedom of speech, because all
> of a sudden with the use of technology the power now lies due to
> numbers in the hands of those who were previously confused witnesses.
> A lot of us are in this transient fluent space trying to grab on to
> what essence of reality as we knew it but the force is too strong.
>
> There's a collage of mix and matches, a tea seller who becomes the
> latest hit in Pakistan because of some selfies people took with him on
> facebook. He's been declared the most good looking man in the world!!
>
> Now the guy is stripped of his kettle put in a suit and tie and
> becomes a fashion model because people think he's beautiful. What are
> his thought processes and what will happen when the 2 minutes of fame
> dies and the world forgets him?
> https://youtu.be/eoi-tNNc94k

Smart guy indeed, but he's also one in thousand - even if written in
plural, it makes a lot of people in Pakistan - not to say on Earth. I
hope he saves somehow what her earns as a model, later he can start an
ultra-hip chai-shoppe with it, if the demand still exists (Ek Sau Rupiah
Chai, anyone?)

Cheers indeed,
p+5D!

Reminded me of the 'One Pound Fish' guy in London. Who even made it to
the 'Idols', but conked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETSl8gWsFZ0

(compared to his 14,5m+ viewers, Arshad Khan has someway to go ...)