:: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
Author: hellekin
To: dng
Subject: Re: [Dng] A devuan "constitution"
One of the stated goals is to continue the Debian project with insisting
on a diversity of approaches, and not closing any path, provide
developers with a base GNU/Linux distribution they can build upon, and
sysadmins with a base GNU/Linux distribution they can rely on. I think
there may be a technical issue with the first goal as some technical
choices are incompatible between each other, and maintaining all choices
may be more work that the actual first goal of providing a Jessie
without systemd as the default init-and-then-some.

Anyway, I tend to agree with the points stated so far.

As for a Devuan Constitution, I would like it to mention its adherence
to software freedom--as a technological ideal, not just open-source
efficiency. Someone mentioned dropping support for contrib and
non-free. I would support that.

==
hk

--
 _ _     We are free to share code and we code to share freedom
(_X_)yne Foundation, Free Culture Foundry * https://www.dyne.org/donate/