:: Re: [Netsukuku] DOS/MITM by TP spoo…
Author: Eugen Leitl
To: Netsukuku discussion list
Subject: Re: [Netsukuku] DOS/MITM by TP spoofing??
On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 02:31:16PM +0200, Luca Dionisi wrote:
> Reminder:
> The problem we're talking about in this thread was not about anonymity

It's called thread drift.

> nor about address changing or the correlation address-location.
> The original problem is: given a stable network, can a node be 100%
> sure that the informations it receives from a neighbor are correct?

If you're doing a relativistic pingpong to direct line of sight nodes
then the proof is very easy: you cannot exceed the speed of light.
If someone claims to be closer to you than c allows for, he's
probably lying.

If you use GPS or other location services, and talking to further
nodes then liars are also easily detected, though long-range grid deformations
are more difficult to detect (but also a far more expensive illusion
to maintain).

The proper way to deal with liars is to refuse routing their packets.

--
8B29F6BE: 099D 78BA 2FD3 B014 B08A 7779 75B0 2443 8B29 F6BE