:: Re: [dyne:bolic] having problems to…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Eric Tucker
À: dynebolic mailinglist
Sujet: Re: [dyne:bolic] having problems to log in as user
Well guys don't hold your breath on getting any kind of real support here on this email list. The support that surrounds this distro is virtually non existent. They like all programmers think! you must find the solution on your own, only after doing hordes of research via wiki,google or ??? Gotta tell you guys this distro is great but I can't tell you how many great things have been brought down like a rock falling from a tree because of just a few simple ingredients missing such as true user support. If they would get off of their extreme rasta politcal mentallity and understand that free commerce is a good thing when not controlled by monopolies then they might understand these concepts. Oh by the way I love Bob Marley picked up an old record the other day. I never got anybody to reply on my support questions except as to tell me that this is not a support email list but then that following week I seen others ask support questions and get replies all most immediately. I
am just now about three months later figuring out a work around on a couple of my problems. I agree running as root is like running your computer with a trojan horse on it and not giving a crap about it. I set my user up and nothing else would work I gave up quickly on that one and am currently running as root and have been for months now, scary huh. I keep everything important backed up an CD's but thats not really good enough is it.

takhai mohamed <brahmanprince11@???> wrote:
is there something that can be done ? are more people experiencing this
problem, if is there an explanation. because it is not recommended to run
the distro as root. what to do then , work offline to be save.
i would like to know , otherwise i have to try another distro then for the
work which i intended to use dyne for. had nuff problems with adware spyware
and virusses with xp, now i don't want to risk my cp.
so pls let me (us) know