:: Re: [dyne:bolic] extract
Góra strony
Autor: Thibault Le Meur
Dla: dynebolic mailinglist, champion jean jacques
CC: dynebolic
Temat: Re: [dyne:bolic] extract
> hello thibault after downloading dyne-2.1.iso which is
> .rar file when I extract this file on my hard disk I do not
> find one file called .iso
> there are four folders one named "dyne" one "floppy"
> one "isolinux" and one "loadlin after there are nine files
> but no one is .iso and when I try to burn with Nero it
> does not find and cannot burn

The files you are seeing are the cdrom content.

I'm not sure you downloaded the true iso file.

Can you download from a true mirror (for instance
http://www.oddskool.net/linux/distros/dynebolic/dyne-2.1.iso).

> the only iso image I have is the rar that I download

This shouldn't be a RAR archive.
However are you sure the file extension is RAR, or is it simply your
archiver program that is able to read iso images ?

> when I burn with nero there is no problem it burn it
> but when I want to boot with this iso it does not work
> because it remains in rar

If it is really a RAR file, then you shouldn't be able to read the
content of the CDROM once burnt under windows. Is it the case ?

> I do not understand why when I extract the rar file on my
> hard disk Ido not find an iso

Again, make sure the extension of the downloaded file is really ".rar".
Check under windows that your "Poste de Travail" (since you're french)
is setup to display file extensions: go to "Poste de Travail" then
"Outils>Options des Dossiers...", go to the "Affichage" Folder and
uncheck "Masquer les extensions de fichiers dont le type est connu".

Thibault