:: [Netsukuku] ntkresolv installation,…
Author: James Farrar
To: netsukuku
Subject: [Netsukuku] ntkresolv installation, is this a bug?
I was following ------------- http://lab.dyne.org/Netsukuku/eng/Testing

"HowTo test netsukuku daemon on real hardware"

New Utbuntu install, on a ABIT NF7-S (AMD processor and Nvidia chipset).
All is fine untill I tried to make ntkresolv    Then I get:-

james@james-netsukuku:~/netsukuku/ntkresolv$ make
gcc -Wall -landns ntkresolv.c -o ntkresolv
ntkresolv.c: In function ‘do_command’:
ntkresolv.c:295:20: warning: variable ‘x’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-
variable]
/tmp/ccceP57K.o: In function `do_command':
ntkresolv.c:(.text+0xd79): undefined reference to `ntk_query'
ntkresolv.c:(.text+0xdce): undefined reference to `free_andns_pkt'
/tmp/ccceP57K.o: In function `compute_hash':
ntkresolv.c:(.text+0x13cf): undefined reference to `MD5'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [all] Error

OK, I may be barking up the wrong tree, but it seemas to me that openssl-dev
is not the name of the Ubuntu package, that seems to be a Fedora package
(amoungst others).

From what I can find out the Ubuntu package is libssl-dev.

This means that ntkresolv.c is calling the wrong package for Ubuntu?

What do you think?