:: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this …
Author: bronac
To: brico
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this event in amsterdam
Jaromil wrote
<have also seen that movie back then when it came out, but I must say

didn't enjoyed it much. I was at the beginning of squatting life in
Amsterdam and I'm still bound to the idea that, rather than a gated
community, we need to hack through the post-human condition and make
space for everyone. of couse I had dreadlocks at that time>.

You are saying something interesting Jaromil.  One reason I found the film and the odd juxtaposition of naming a little creepy was that somehow in Brazil I had also encountered this whole gated thing.....yet it is not simple as many people from Europe went to form settlements there much as they did in US etc.....so any form of 'community' creates gates whether physical or psychic or psychological or in the case of online stuff often technocratic.
I am not sure if C of Men has any kind of relationship to reality but sure between 2006 and now there's been many times I thought I recognised elements of the apocryphal down here in England's south.  Not that England is the centre of the world or anything but it is where many people I know and love are. I think we're stuck a bit in this bit of bricolabs on the point of not knowing if the best route is escape (to the mountains like the poet guerillas or the Cathars...or to the south...or to the nord est) but one things for sure there's no mocking the reality of stuff.
Happy New Ears.
Ciao