:: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this …
Author: Rob van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this event in amsterdam
Hi Kasia,

It would be great to reread Spaceship Earth indeed as you say on
http://www.kasiamolga.net/

I love this quote:

"I have owned successively, since boyhood, fifty four automobiles. I will
never own another. I have not given up driving. I began to leave my cars
at airports – never or only infrequently getting back to them. My new
pattern requires renting new cars at the airports as needed. I am
progressively ceasing to own things, not on a political schism basis, as
for instance Henry George's ideology, but simply on a practical basis.
Possession is becoming progressively burdensome and wasteful and therefore
obsolete." (R. Buckminster Fuller, Operating Manual for Spaceship Earth,
Lars Muller Publishers, 2008-2011, reprinted from the first edition of
1969.)

This non ownership that is key to anarchist and collaborative thinking
seems to align itself with radical transparency in an internet of things
environment which favours leasing and bartering schemes over ownership.

He also says:

"A new, physically uncompromised, metaphysical initiative of unbiased
integrity could unify the world. It could and probably will be provided by
the utterly impersonal problem solutions of the computers. Only to their
superhuman range of calculative capabilities can and may all political,
scientific, and religious leaders face-savingly acquiesce. - R.
Buckminster Fuller (1969)

We just have to make sure bricos run the code :)

salut! Rob

> What I would like to see is the integration of what is called city with

its surrounding environment.