:: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this …
Author: Patrice Riemens
Subject: Re: [Bricolabs] curious about this event in amsterdam

> On Sun, 25 Dec 2011, bronac@??? wrote:
>
>> Can we reclaim social and media from their predominant current usage?
>
> I'm up for writing an article on this, feeling like I can contribute a
> decent analysis of the semantic slide of the word 'social' in recent
> times, gladly leaving the media to someone else and sparring with more
> bricos

Re: the slide of the social - it can be easily resumed in saying that also
this concept (or is it a notion? ;-) has fallen victim to the
endo-colonialism of commerce - now just waiting for the apocalypse - which
will also be the revelation! (I can't wait! ;-)

> a good stimulus for me now is this article
> http://uninomade.org/la-costituzione-del-comune-e-le-ragioni-della-sinistra/
> on the recent history of "left wing" political stances

Not a great fan of Toni, but thanks all the same

> this one is not yet touching an analysis on the use of term social,
> but then the "social media" expropriation is a very a contemporary
> phenomenon and Negri is kinda oldish
>
> also I'm wondering if Geert's "unlike-us" conference can be a venue
> for such a off-tech discussion..

I think so. Geert's events are what the French call 'Spanish inns': you'll
find there what you bring there.

> for the rest, what to say? I'm not in Amsterdam now and it feels very
> good like that, these days it is a place where form is so much more
> important than content .

Hee Jaro, where are u? In Sicily?

Happy Holidays (to all!)

Cheerio, p+3D!